Thursday, May 12, 2011

LOTS of new Fabric!!!

Spring is always a busy time of year.  The kids have lots of end of school activities, sports are getting started and vacations planned.  It's no different here.  We had the pleasure of listening to a very nice outdoor band concert last night.  The kids had a chance to show off all their hard work and practice from the year.  Luckily this year it was warm also, I remember sitting and freezing last year!

I have been busy working on many projects.  I decided that the only way I was ever going to get a pair of socks finished was to take Karin's class.  We started last Thursday evening.  I enjoyed it so much that I got the first sock to where I need to be for next week and decided to get the second one started as well.  I really isn't as hard as I thought it was going to be (especially once Karin got me squared away with which way I should be knitting!!)


There is lots more sock yarn on its way if you want to try your hand at socks.  I know I will be making more.

We have gotten in lots of new fabric.  The Christmas fabrics are starting to come in as well as general fall and Halloween.  It's so hard to not pick out fabric for a new project every time something comes in.  I just have to keep telling myself to get some things finished! (over and over again!)




 These are all flannels and they feel wonderful!




I am loving the witches feet and the green and purple of the Halloween fabric.  There is a cool kit with this one that uses the panel and some prairie points.  It would make a great door hanger.....did take this one home to do.


This is a small fall grouping and it has a free pattern for placemats and a table runner that use the large stripe.  I thought it might also look good in the ever popular 60 degree table runner........


Botanica also arrived this last week.  It has beautiful flowers (hydrangeas-my favorites) in bold colors, lots of paisleys and coordinating prints.  I kind of have a weakness for bags and I liked these new fabrics so much that I made a new purse out of them.  I kid you not this purse had 57 steps...and some had multiple parts.  It took me longer than some quilts do!  But I think the results are well worth it and I am loving this new bag.



My last little bit of show and tell is our shop hop block.  The East Central Illinois Shop Hop is scheduled for July 14, 15 and 16.  (a little more than two months away)  Our fabric finally arrived last week and I got right on our shops block sample.  There are three other fabrics in the quilt besides the four used in each block.  This year the blocks will finish at 12".  I have been tossing around ideas for our shops quilt.  I think I know what I am going to do and hope to have it hanging in the shop for our 3rd Anniversary Celebration next week.  I have been trying to decide if I should make a queen size quilt or just a throw.  What's your preference?



That's a lot of pictures!  Hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment