Monday, April 4, 2011

Has it really been that long?!?

I can't believe how fast time flies!  It seems like we had been planning for our booth at the Decatur Quilt show for such a long time and here it's already been over for a week.  Congratulations to all the winners!  There were some beautiful quilts on display from many talented local quilters.  A special congratulations to my daughter Kelly who entered two quilts in the youth category.  She took home second and third place ribbons and I couldn't be more proud of her!

I stayed busy as usual this weekend.  I finished up the last project from the Prairie Women's Sewing Circle Journey 1.  It was the largest project we did and finished at a throw size.  I changed the direction of my bow ties from the pattern and absolutely love it.


The newest American Patchwork and Quilting has and article written by Pam Buda about "make do" quilting which is what the Prairie Women's Sewing Circle is all about.  She even has a picture of the antique quilt that inspired this pattern.  You can see up close some of the make do blocks that I included in my quilt.  Journey 2 is scheduled to start in April and the class is filling up quickly so let me know if you are interested in joining us.
 

There has been lots of buzz lately about the Dresden.  This has always been on my "to do list" so I decided to jump in.  I am stitching the pieces as leaders and enders while working on other projects.  It should go fairly quickly as I worked through one stack of 42 blades yesterday while working on other projects.


The last project that I worked on this weekend was the Mobius scarf from the class we had last week.  I am by no means an accomplished knitter and the YO and PSSO kept me on my toes.  I had to "improvise" in a couple of spots where there wasn't a stitch where there should have been but I hope it won't be to noticeable in the end.  I am using a superwash wool from Plymouth Yarn for my shawl.  It may not look like much now but Karin assured us that the magic will come when you bind off and take the project off the needles.  I can't wait to see how it turns out.



We got some new fabric in on Friday.  It is Whimsical's new Christmas line, Winterberry Lane.  Of course I took some home to start on the quilt.  It is absolutely adorable.  I love the short fat little snowmen!  This is just a small sampling of the group, we ordered the whole line.




Oh yeah, did a little housework too.  That never seems to go away does it!

No comments:

Post a Comment